Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! 2009 is finally here. The staff here have made it their 'resolution' to speak as much English as they can - for the year. They've exhausted most of their vocabulary in the first 10 minutes of the day, so there is much to learn from here. It is too funny listening to them trying to talk - they're laughing, as well, along with the only staff-member who knows English. We'll see how long this lasts. I'm betting that by tomorrow it will be back to square one.

On the flip, the village did celebrate pretty loudly last night. I was a bit disappointed that none of my students were feeling festive enough to drag me to go down there. But I took comfort in the fact that the music was blasting and firecrackers were popping through the night.


The 1st also marks the opening of the gift shop I've been trying to start here at Vigyan Ashram. Students have been busy the past couple weeks making products to sell to the various visitors we get here on a daily basis. My office is now a half-office and half-gift shop. I made a small walkway with rocks on the side that leads into the gift shop (click on the pic at the left for a bigger view). I'll take more pictures once I collect and setup all the products today. Wish me luck!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home